Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa (CCMI) is seeking a new Executive Director. The Executive Director (ED) must be able to provide strategic vision, inspirational yet authentic leadership, strong financial management, and operational direction for a dynamic, multi-location nonprofit organization.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of CCMI’s environmental stewardship and service-learning mission and financial objectives. The ED is the organization’s chief spokesperson and is responsible for cultivating partnerships with government, corporate and foundation leaders, individual donors, and environmental leaders. The ED leads and directs CCMI staff and corps members in a manner that honors the rich history of the Conservation Corps movement. He/she oversees an annual operating budget of $10+ million with multiple revenue streams.
The successful candidate will have a proactive, results-oriented approach to nonprofit management and a track record of leadership and financial success. He or she will have the ability to develop positive relationships with, and win the confidence of, a broad range of stakeholders including government officials, donors, staff, corps members, foundation leaders, alumni, and community partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 10 years of demonstrated success in a senior leadership role, preferably in the nonprofit or conservation arena;
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and partnerships with public and private organizations, donors, and thought leaders;
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of comfort with public relations and public speaking as well as communicating information to a wide range of audiences, from policy makers, donors, and corps members to the press and public;
- Proven skills in strong financial management and fiscal planning, preferably for an organization of similar size and scope;
- Demonstrated success in helping employees achieve their highest levels of performance through effective coaching and skill building;
- Ability to engage and develop a highly effective leadership team;
- Strong operational management skills involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and the effective use of time and resources;
- Demonstrated success in building and sustaining a comprehensive fundraising program, ideally with experience across a full range of funding sources including individuals, corporations, and foundations;
- Proven track record promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; and
- Ability to assess needs and implement strategic direction, policy, and programming over multiple years.
- Natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals;
- High level of integrity, credibility, and accountability;
- Demonstrates good judgment;
- Comfortable in many different professional and social circles, including donors, public officials, legislators, funders, and government staff;
- Passion for the Conservation Corps mission
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in an appropriate discipline (e.g., social sciences, public administration, business administration, natural resources).
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation with a $10+ million operating budget that specializes in developing youth and young adults through environmental restoration, energy conservation, and community service.
Our goals are to help young people from diverse backgrounds become more connected to the environment, engaged in conservation, and prepared for future employment. We realize our mission and accomplish our goals through employment initiatives for youth (ages 15-18) and young adults (ages 18-25) through the AmeriCorps program.
All CCMI programs devote 20 percent of program time to technical-skills training, career-building skills such as resume writing and interviewing, and educational activities focused on environmental science and technology.
Our headquarters are in Saint Paul, MN with satellite offices in Rochester, Duluth, Brainerd, and Ames, IA. Our many programs operate throughout the upper Midwest.
Learn more at www.conservationcorps.org.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Renae Oswald-Anderson, Interim Executive Director
Strategic Consulting & Coaching
Questions may be emailed to the same address. Please include preferred contact information. The position is open until April 30, 2018.
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Activity Area: Environment and Education
Category: Executive Director/CEO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Equal opportunity employer