SCC is pleased to be assisting Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners (IOCP) with the recruitment of a Hospitality Coordinator.
Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners’ mission is to engage the heart and will of the community
to respond to emergency needs and create opportunities for all to thrive. Interfaith Outreach is a
human service nonprofit that ignites the power of community to provide urgent and strengthening
services in eight Twin Cities western suburbs so families can live their best lives, children can
succeed, and the entire region can prosper and shine. Serving the west Hennepin communities of
Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata since 1979.
For more information, visit iocp.org.
Interfaith Outreach is looking for highly qualified candidates for a Hospitality Coordinator position (full time, 40 hours/week, benefit earning).
Schedule Requirements: This is a 40 hour/week position that includes one to two evenings per week
and occasional Saturday day hours
The Hospitality Coordinator furthers the mission of Interfaith Outreach by creating and nurturing a caring and respectful space that provides a foundation for relationship building and a setting that
supports volunteers to be effective and impactful in their roles. This position supports the
interaction between Interfaith Outreach, our services and the broader community – with a focus on our client community – through supervision of a team of volunteers and management of our front desk and welcoming procedures.
Core Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Leadership and direction-setting related to Hospitality (lobby, front desk, intake)
• Volunteer training, supervision, coaching and support
• Communications management
• Management of front desk operations
• Describing program procedures to members of our client community and facilitating their
engagement with our services
• General support of Case Management team functions
Qualifications – Required:
• Experience supervising staff or volunteers
• Experience in a human services role
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong cross-cultural communication skills
• Exceptional computer and technology skills
• Experience in office management
• Ability to creatively problem solve and complete complex tasks
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries
• Ability to excel in a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse setting
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Interfaith Outreach
Qualifications – Preferred:
• Associate degree
• Bilingual in English and Somali, Spanish or Russian
The Interfaith Outreach work environment is client centered, values driven, team oriented, fast
paced, diverse, and focused on learning and professional development. We have a strong internal
culture of collaboration and team support, as well as a deep commitment across staff to mission.
All staff rely heavily on the use of technology to perform daily tasks.
To be successful in this role, candidates should be or possess:
• A deep commitment and passion to Interfaith Outreach’s mission and work
• A generator of new ideas and approaches while honoring the organization’s rich history
• A versatile person who can work successfully in a broad array of organizational settings
• Demonstrated cultural competence with a focus on equity and inclusion
• Exceptional computer and technical skills with the ability to teach and coach
• Highly skilled at communication and collaboration
• Able to work effectively with volunteers
• Approachable and a good listener
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Emily Adams, Client Services
Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interfaith Outreach values a diverse work environment. People of color and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Interfaith Outreach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners | 1605 County Road 101 N, Plymouth, MN 55447 |
763-489-7500 | iocp.org